Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Fear, Hopelessness, Dispare.

There's things in life, you as a person can not stop. You can't conqure the world as one being, but you can with a group. Where there is dispare, saddness & helplessness There is hope. There's someone bigger than us. Someone who sees everything before we do. Who's seen the worst of worst, and the greatest of great. His name is Jesus, Lord, God, The holy spirit. He's the one most of us forget we have protecting us. I've never been severly religious, but i do believe in him. I've been jaded by my life and everything thats been going on. As an 18year old i'll say i have it bad, but i don't have it horrible. I have roof over my head, a mom who loves me, and i have food. I'm not forced to be a sex slave, i don't starv at night, and i'm not forced into war. I have a voice. I am my own person. I've forgotten i had one. I lived everyday of my life like it was a normal day, I'd wake up sit eat breakfast, go on my laptop, go to school, come home eat go on my laptop and sleep. I use to go to church as a kid, but i wasn't affected by god. I guess you could say i was a nonbeliever, Sure i'd pray to god to keep my family safe, but i never gave him my whole self my trust my soul my spirt my love. I half assed my spirtituallity. I've recently just started going to church, i'm in a youth group now. The first night the night of my first night going to youth group i really didn't want to go, but i had this feeling inside me i knew i had to go and i didn't know why i wanted to scream, it overcame me. So i went, i met a few friends and i found out that i could become a student leader to middle school kids, that program is called LUGrox. I shadowed at LUGrox on last saturday it was pretty amazing, the middle school kids loved it, it's upbeat and so amazing. I can't begin to explain how i felt being there being able to witness highschoolers teaching gods word to middleschoolers. I went to Youthgroup today our youth group is called doulce, And i got the form to sign saying i wanted to work in LUGrox, and i have to get an interview but i'm looking forward to that. But thats not the reason i'm blogging, I believe TODAY i've found the reason god pushed me to go to church. Today they showed a presentation of FallingWhistles. (http://www.fallingwhistles.com/splash/index.php) It's about little boys being brain washed being fed rottenfood and told to fight in a war. The little ones who are not allowed to carry guns, they are givin a whistle, they are to blow the whistle to make noise warning thier leaders 'bad' people are comming, those little boys get shot. They die, their whistels fall to the ground, they are no longer alive. The older boys are givin a gun, and are told to kill who ever is not one of them. They are FORCED into this battle, they are taken from their homes, beaten severly and told what to do. I love kids i'm a kid advocate, i have a passion for kids, i love teaching and babysitting. And seeing that made my heart break, i asked for a whistel for my birthday from my grandma. I get a whistel and 100% of the procedes goes to falling whistles. I'll wear the whistle around my neck and i'll begin to tell people what it means to me. I support this website, and what it's doing. I wish i could do more, untill i find out how i'll just continue on supporting it, telling every little boys story from congo. Hoping my effort helps change whats happening, i'm one person one human being but if you help me by showing your friends your family anyone some hobo just anyone this website, we can make a diffrence. We can help the little boys from congo little by little. I hope to make a change.

There are other websites i support to and i'll write about tomorrow, i'm beat i've had alot happen in one day. But for today i'm satified i feel like i've got something accomplished.

I support:
http://www.invisiblechildren.com/about/history/?_kk=invisible%20children&_kt=9050ecd5-4056-4eae-aef8-190ee1ad8e2d&gclid=CMvwptLkr6ACFQeenAodx3eYUQ
&
http://www.raphahouse.org/

for now goodnight.
sweet dreams.
pray for the little boys in congo.

2 comments:

  1. Your Grandma loves you so much.
    You with your rosebud smile and the dimple-place on your cheek where God kissed you as you were preparing to be born...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for adding Falling Whistles on your blog - we really appreciate the support. We have some really exciting initiatives that will be launched pretty soon down the road. I would love to connect with you so we can keep in touch in the future!
    Please e-mail me at mbenedict@fallingwhistles.com so we can be in touch.
    Thanks!
    -Mallory and the rest of FW HQ

    ReplyDelete